posts displayed by tag
Jardin Nelson is famous for their impressive terrasse. Spacious, luxurious and beautiful, hot days and summertime is when this place really shines. With two levels of outdoor seating and some, they aren’t messing around. They know that their space is pretty much unbeatable in Montreal – can you think of anywhere else with a spot remotely similar? Watching the huge parasols unfold for the evening is a sight to behold. Check out the video on their website for an idea of what the place looks like at night. The soft lighting, the natural feel (birds chirping, vines along the walls, trees within the resto) – the ambiance almost seems surreal. For those of you looking for a good date spot in the Old Port, this is it!
Mâche restaurant is a newly opened casual spot on St Denis – in the heart of the Latin Quarter. The menu includes comfort foods like Mac and Cheese, Pulled Pork sandwiches and Poutine. We decided to try out Mâche on a hungry night when we didn’t want to break the bank – nearly the entire menu is under 15$. We started with a pint of beer and a glass of Sangria and sat out on the terrasse.
Being directly on Mont-Royal street, Pizzédelic‘s terrasse is perfect for people watching. Taking advantage of the last few rays of sunlight we could catch after work, we ordered a pitcher of white wine sangria with frozen raspberries and orange slices. Even with the frozen fruit, it tasted light and fresh, like it was supposed to.
This is quite possibly the only way to recover from the unforgivable sin of buying pre-mixed sangria. We were skeptical at first, but our hosts fervently insisted. Then the Pabst Blue Ribbon came out. Against all odds, this batch of Beer Sangria turned out surprisingly tasty. We used slices of orange for flavor and garnish. Recommendations for next time include:
– Using a different beer – Something extremely blonde or unfiltered (Cheval Blanc, Griffon Blonde)
– Using a flavored beer – Locally brewed St Ambroise Apricot Wheat Ale or seasonal Raspberry Ale
– Different fruit – Probably staying with citrus. Lemons floating in summer beers are already a common sight
Things to avoid:
– White wine – Send in pictures if you can prove me wrong, but I don’t think this can work
– Skipping the wine – Beer and juice without wine will taste like beer mixed with juice
– Pre-mixed Sangria